A lush yard is one to be envied, but the upkeep can seem never-ending. Synthetic grass is a trend that has picked up in popularity. The product has advanced leaps and bounds beyond its AstroTurf beginnings over 50 years ago in professional sports venues.
Artificial turf is environmentally friendly and easily replaces traditional sod while eliminating the need for water, fertilizer and other harsh chemicals. Plus, it drains better and reduces runoff.
“You’re able to achieve all the beauty of green grass that will last 15-plus years with little to no maintenance,” says Tom-my Cassidy, owner of Modern Grounds.
Here are some ways to get creative with these synthetics:
- Create a putting green in your yard.
- Try different colors in a play space.
- Upgrade your pool deck with something softer than stone.
- Design an upscale, eye-catching geometric driveway design.
- Create a luxurious green “living” wall on your fence or patio.
- Blend it with live plants and garden areas.
When making your selections, you’ll want to choose longer blades for low-usage areas and shorter blades for higher-usage areas, Cassidy says. Then see how green and gorgeous your yard can look.